KHC holds board meeting
Riyadh, January 2, 2013
HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), recently held a board meeting at the company’s headquarters in Riyadh.
The board meeting was held to oversee KHC’s performance in 2012, approve the 2013 budget and operation strategy, a statement from the company said. Furthermore, the meeting outlined and fortified KHC’s diversified investment strategy, long-term vision for growth and development, and for future prospective investment opportunities.
“Kingdom Holding is at its best form and we will continue with our strategic projects which in return will position the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the world’s investment map,” Prince Alwaleed said.
The meeting was attended by the KHC Board that comprised Ahmed Halawani, executive director for private equity, international investments and member of the investment committee; Shadi Sanbar, KHC’s chief financial officer and member of the investment committee; Sarmad Zok, executive director of hotel investments and member of the investment committee; and the independent board members comprising Saleh Al Sagri, Dr Khaled Al-Saheem, Taher Agueel and Rasha El Hoshan.
Prince Alwaleed also represented Talal Al Maiman, the executive director for development and domestic investments and member of the investment committee during the meeting in his absence. KHC’s assistant executive manager of the finance department, Yasir Al Salman, also attended.
Founded in 1980, KHC is a publicly traded company which was listed on Tadawul (the Saudi Stock Exchange) in 2007. It is one of the world’s most successful and diversified business organisations, highly respected in the field of investments and recognised as an elite player in the Arabian Gulf region, and internationally.
KHC’s portfolio has its main interest in landmark hotel properties and hotel management companies, real estate development in Jeddah and Riyadh, financial services, technology and media, manufacturing, aviation and agriculture. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit