HRH the Premier
Bahrain launches economic growth initiative
Manama, December 30, 2012
Bahrain has started implementing a financial and economic development programme in co-operation with international experts, said the kingdom’s HRH His Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
He said the move aims to achieve financial sustainability and push forward economic growth in key sectors, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
Government bodies will co-ordinate efforts with the private sector to define priorities. The government has also managed to cope with challenges to maintain stable economic growth, the Premier said.
He was replying to a parliamentary proposal to set up a ministerial committee – comprising a number of ministers and officials representing the private sector, civil society institutions and study centres along with economists – to draft recommendations and work out solutions to salvage the economy. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk