Bahrain lauds private sector role in key projects
Manama, December 26, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro praised the ongoing efforts by the Kingdom's private sector to help international investors establish projects and accommodate local workforce.
His remarks came during a meeting with Hesham Al Rezoghy, the chief executive of Bahrain-based Gulf United Steel Holding Company (Foulath), a global steel investment vehicle, and its vice-chairman and managing director Khalid Al Ghadiri, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Dr Fakhro said the government welcomed regional and global investment and provided a suitable environment to host projects.
He also pointed out at the major projects hosted by the kingdom and the keenness of international investors to establish projects to accommodate local workforce, especially in light of facilities provided by the government.
The minister also highlighted the positive initiatives taken by local and global investors to establish large-scale projects in the kingdom.
Dr Fakhro hailed the role of Folath as one of the largest companies in the iron and steel sector and stressed the government's support for all facilities to help them provide the best possible services.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds