Viva, CrediMax to enhance wireless POS network
Manama, December 19, 2012
Viva Bahrain, a leading telecom provider, has partnered with top credit cards company CrediMax, to enhance the latter’s wireless Point of Sale (POS) machines in Bahrain by connecting them to Viva’s network.
The partnership aims to enhance administrative functions at Points of Sale machines and create an efficient sales process and a better overall shopping experience for customers.
This integration of mobile technology into the shopping experience to meet customer needs will further position CrediMax’s points of service as convenient and secure means of payment and will promote them as a safe alternative payment method, a statement said.
“We are proud to be able to add this service to our existing portfolio of enterprise services” commented Nezar Banabeela, Viva chief of Wholesale and Enterprise.
“Through this partnership Viva Bahrain is once again proving to be an innovator in the telecom Enterprise sector, by having CrediMax chose Viva’s network to power their Points of Sale machines across Bahrain.”
CrediMax's head of Merchant Services and Sales, Amira Ismail, said: "We are pleased for this exclusive partnership with Viva, which will certainly support our effective role in card online payment through POS, while providing Viva with an advanced facility that enables it to provide such effective and real-time service for our business in Bahrain." – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO