KFH-Bahrain sponsors Islamic banking summit
Manama, December 10, 2012
Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain (KFH-Bahrain) has announced that it is supporting the ongoing 19th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC) in Bahrain as a Gold Strategic Partner.
The conference is being held at the Gulf Hotel from December 9 to 11, where more than 1,200 industry leaders, senior decision-makers and key regulators from over 50 countries have gathered.
The theme for this year’s World Islamic Banking Conference, “New Strategies for Islamic Finance to Come of Age”, is addressing new opportunities in terms of expanding the industry on an international level – boosting cross-border transactions, accessing new markets and creating new products that point the way forward towards renewed growth horizons.
For almost two decades, the WIBC has firmly established itself as the largest gathering of Islamic finance leaders in the world and has strengthened its pivotal role as the platform where the future of the industry is shaped.
As per the conference theme, financial institutions need to ensure that they are well positioned to address the progressive market and regulatory requirements before they step into new geographical regions and expand regionally and internationally. The WIBC aims to highlight emerging trends in the Islamic finance sector and potential new markets.
This year's conference is featuring a host of new and value-added topics that set it apart from all other conferences.
It is also the platform to launch the ninth edition of the WIBC Competitiveness Report, the world's only original research into the performance and key trends of Islamic banking worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'