NBB chief wins major award
Manama, December 10, 2012
National Bank of Bahrain (NBB) chief executive Abdulrazak Al Qassim was recently awarded the 'Brand Leadership Award' at the World Brand Congress held in Mumbai, India.
This award for Al Qassim comes close on the heels of the World Leader Business Person Award he received at the BIZZ Awards, held earlier this year in Qatar, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The Brand Leadership Award is a special jury honour and is considered to be one of the highest accolades an individual can receive at the congress.
This award is aimed at recognising special individuals who have been instrumental in the extraordinary success of the organisation they represent, by virtue of their innovative and effective marketing practices.
The awards panel took into account a number of key features like leadership, ethics, vision, change agent and business acumen.
The award for Al Qassim was given as a recognition for his exemplary leadership and vision, coupled with his innate belief in being a change agent for the organisation, at a time when the global financial environment was facing several challenges.
"It is indeed a great honour and a privilege to be acknowledged by global peers and I feel duly humbled," remarked Al Qassim.
"This award not only reflects a single person's commitment but also the initiatives and efforts of the entire organisation. I feel proud to be a part of this NBB team, starting with respectful board members and senior management of the bank, who have assisted me in meeting the challenges and combating them successfully."
"The year has been a challenging one for everyone in the industry and it is pleasing to note that our efforts to improve customer experience have been appreciated and recognised across the region and globally. I would like to thank all my colleagues at NBB for this achievement," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook