Bahrain Bourse and CFA sign key accord
Manama, December 10, 2012
Bahrain Bourse and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Bahrain has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to boost co-operation in developing expertise and skills of professionals offering financial services, according to a report.
They plan to organise joint events, specialised educational programmes and awareness programmes directed towards the capital market in Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The agreement was signed by Bahrain Bourse director Fouad Rashid and CFA Bahrain president Khalil Nooruddin at the Bourse premises.
The MoU aims at developing a framework that will enable both parties to co-operate and co-ordinate with the concerned parties to promote adherence to a code of conduct in order to raise standards of integrity and professional excellence and encourage continuing education and professional development.
They will form a working group to draw up a road map and a project plan to achieve the proposed goals.
"We welcome the opportunity to work with Bahrain Bourse on such an important project," said Nooruddin.
"It provides an opportunity for CFA Institute, local investment professionals through the CFA Society Bahrain and Bahrain Bourse to work together to serve investor interests and set best practice for financial markets in the kingdom," remarked Nooruddin.
"We have already made great progress in the investment sector in Bahrain and this initiative will take the development of financial services here to an even higher level," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit