Yusra Abdul Ghaffar
United Arab appoints key officials
Dubai, December 9, 2012
United Arab Bank recently appointed Yusra Abdul Ghaffar and Faisal Al Najjar to the strategic roles of head of Branches & Islamic Banking and head of Liabilities respectively.
The bank has also appointed eight new local branch managers in 2012 as part of its Emiratisation drive.
“United Arab Bank offers an avenue for talented nationals to consolidate their expertise in managerial positions,” said Paul Trowbridge, chief executive officer of United Arab Bank.
“This approach falls in line with the stated goals of the UAE Government’s declaration of 2013 as the year of Emiratisation; which the authorities intend to achieve through joining forces and uniting energies of like-minded organizations like UAB as well as other private and public sector enterprises. The bank intends to open 10 more branches next year, all of which will be managed by UAE nationals.”
Tom Smith, executive vice-president & group head of Retail Banking, said: “UAB has always gone beyond the remit of token Emiratisation within the banking sector.”
“We have consciously created a work environment that not only offers to foster the spirit of enterprise, but also spotlights talented Emirati managers who could provide mentorship to compatriots as well as serve as role models. We see Yusra and Faisal’s appointments as integral to this goal,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance
- BMI Bank-Al Salam boards back merger
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion