Yusra Abdul Ghaffar
United Arab appoints key officials
Dubai, December 9, 2012
United Arab Bank recently appointed Yusra Abdul Ghaffar and Faisal Al Najjar to the strategic roles of head of Branches & Islamic Banking and head of Liabilities respectively.
The bank has also appointed eight new local branch managers in 2012 as part of its Emiratisation drive.
“United Arab Bank offers an avenue for talented nationals to consolidate their expertise in managerial positions,” said Paul Trowbridge, chief executive officer of United Arab Bank.
“This approach falls in line with the stated goals of the UAE Government’s declaration of 2013 as the year of Emiratisation; which the authorities intend to achieve through joining forces and uniting energies of like-minded organizations like UAB as well as other private and public sector enterprises. The bank intends to open 10 more branches next year, all of which will be managed by UAE nationals.”
Tom Smith, executive vice-president & group head of Retail Banking, said: “UAB has always gone beyond the remit of token Emiratisation within the banking sector.”
“We have consciously created a work environment that not only offers to foster the spirit of enterprise, but also spotlights talented Emirati managers who could provide mentorship to compatriots as well as serve as role models. We see Yusra and Faisal’s appointments as integral to this goal,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head