NBK wins award for best investor relations
Kuwait, December 8, 2012
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) said it has won the “Best Investor Relations Company in Kuwait” award for the third consecutive year, in recognition of its international standards and best practice in transparency and governance.
The award was presented by Middle East Investor Relations Society at a ceremony held in Abu Dhabi recently.
The bank's selection for the award was based on the results of an independent global survey led by Thomson Reuters Extel which collected votes from about 300 investors around the globe.
NBK said it was the only Kuwaiti company among the top ten Investor Relations companies in the region. The award confirms the international investment community’s recognition of NBK’s ongoing efforts to achieve the highest levels of governance and promote transparency.
The Kuwait bank said it had won recognition for its highest standards in investor relations.
NBK has consistently been awarded the highest credit ratings of all banks in the region by the major international rating agencies: Moody's, Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings.
In 2012, NBK maintained its position among the 50 safest banks in the world for the sixth consecutive time. NBK ranked 34 on the list, illustrating the success of the bank’s conservative strategy, prudent risk management and dedication to service excellence.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- UAE sees big foreign capital inflow
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend
- Apicorp posts $109m profit in 2012
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance