NBK wins award for best investor relations
Kuwait, December 8, 2012
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) said it has won the “Best Investor Relations Company in Kuwait” award for the third consecutive year, in recognition of its international standards and best practice in transparency and governance.
The award was presented by Middle East Investor Relations Society at a ceremony held in Abu Dhabi recently.
The bank's selection for the award was based on the results of an independent global survey led by Thomson Reuters Extel which collected votes from about 300 investors around the globe.
NBK said it was the only Kuwaiti company among the top ten Investor Relations companies in the region. The award confirms the international investment community’s recognition of NBK’s ongoing efforts to achieve the highest levels of governance and promote transparency.
The Kuwait bank said it had won recognition for its highest standards in investor relations.
NBK has consistently been awarded the highest credit ratings of all banks in the region by the major international rating agencies: Moody's, Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings.
In 2012, NBK maintained its position among the 50 safest banks in the world for the sixth consecutive time. NBK ranked 34 on the list, illustrating the success of the bank’s conservative strategy, prudent risk management and dedication to service excellence.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- Al Salam launches Asian real estate fund