Mubasher offers access to shares before IPO
Manama, December 5, 2012
Mubasher Financial Services, a top brokerage firm, has teamed up with SharesPost, a leader in private capital markets, to launch a platform which enables shares purchase in top firms before their initial public offering (IPO).
The agreement combines the technological strength of Mubasher’s real time trading platform with the expertise of SharesPost, which offers 450 research reports from 11 third-party providers.
Mubasher’s clients will gain direct access to this list of companies, in addition to the 35 global and regional equity markets already available on its trading platform.
“I've been impressed by the performance of the companies on SharesPost, which I believe shows that smaller, fast growing companies can outperform a portfolio of large cap companies,” explained Malek Kanawati, CEO of Mubasher.
“Previously such exciting opportunities were only available to major clients of investment banks, but Mubasher is now democratizing the investment process. We are empowering GCC investors to make smart investments in high-potential private companies like Twitter and many others.”
Greg Brogger, president of SharesPost, said: “Many of today’s most innovative cutting-edge companies are choosing to go public later. We are excited to partner with Mubasher to bring SharesPost technology and services to the Middle East, opening up pre-IPO investment opportunities in the region.
“We have selected Mubasher because we feel they are an ideal partner due to their extensive client network in the region and their technological lead.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service