Gulf Bank receives top honour
Kuwait City, December 1, 2012
Kuwait-based Gulf Bank recently won the ‘Bank of the Year’ award from The Banker, one of the world’s most respected banking industry magazines, at a ceremony held in London.
The award was presented in recognition of the bank's outstanding achievements over the past year, to Michel Accad, the CEO, at The Banker’s annual awards gala dinner, a statement from the bank said.
The dinner, one of the key highlights of the banking industry year, is attended by some of the world’s most senior bankers, executives, and other key figures in the financial and banking sectors.
“It is truly a great honour to receive this major award from The Banker and I would like to thank the awards committee for selecting Gulf Bank this year,” Accad said.
“This award is a recognition of the tremendous effort by the bank’s management and staff to make Gulf Bank the best bank in Kuwait, and provide our valued customers with the best and the fastest personal banking services possible.”
“The banking industry will become even more competitive in the future, and we intend to continue to lead from the front, putting innovation and customer service first, raising standards, and setting the benchmark for banking excellence across the region,” he added.
"Gulf Bank’s customer oriented strategy is just one of the many reasons the Bank has won the 'Bank of the Year' award this year. This award underlines our enthusiasm and motivation to progress and will serve to help push Gulf Bank forward to further success in the coming years,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit