Qatar Holding in French SME funding deal
Doha, December 1, 2012
French state-owned bank Caisse des Depots and Qatar's sovereign fund Qatar Holding said they have signed a memorandum of understanding to co-invest in small and medium businesses in France.
The partnership will have capital of 300 million euros ($389 million) and invest in companies "engaged in sectors with high growth potential and where both have common interests," they said.
In France, Qatar Holding holds stakes in luxury group LVMH, media to aerospace group Lagardere, oil giant Total and soccer club Paris St Germain.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector