Emirates NBD official partner for Omega event
Dubai, November 29, 2012
Emirates NBD, a leading bank in the region, has announced that it will serve as the official banking partner for Omega Dubai Ladies Masters, for the seventh successive year.
The bank will also organise a series of activities to highlight its participation at the event which will be held at the Emirates Golf Club in Dubai from December 2 to 8, a statement said.
This sponsorship is in line with the bank’s long-term strategic partnership with 'golf in DUBAi,' the organisation that organises events to promote Dubai as a world-class golfing destination.
“Partnering with Omega Dubai Ladies Masters offers an annual opportunity to showcase our passion for golf at Emirates NBD, and reiterate our commitment to encouraging sporting activities in the UAE,” said Rick Pudner, group CEO, Emirates NBD.
“This high profile sports event also serves as an excellent platform year-on-year, to highlight social causes and health concerns that affect our region.”
Emirates NBD also plans to host Melissa Reid, the rising British golfing star and brand ambassador of the tournament, who will be playing in the Emirates NBD Pro Am team.
“The UAE has a growing population of golf enthusiasts particularly among the youth, thanks to Emirates NBD, which is making a considerable effort to promote the game,” said Melissa Reid. “The Omega Dubai Ladies Masters has established itself as one of the leading events in Dubai’s golfing calendar, and I look forward to being part of the event again.”
Emirates NBD will also host the children who participated in the Emerging World Youth Golf programme earlier this year, at the bank’s VIP Chalet, along with their families, the statement said.
This is a continuation of the bank’s role in sponsoring the Emerging World Youth Golf Tour, which saw 18 young golfers aged 11 to 18, benefit from expert coaching, and learning more about the origins and traditions of the game in St Andrews, Scotland, the historical home of the game. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO