Citi names Mena head of Consumer Banking
Dubai, November 25, 2012
Citigroup has appointed of Dinesh Sharma as Consumer Banking head for Mena. He will be based in Dubai.
Sharma joined Citi in 1990, and has since assumed key business roles across a range of functions within Consumer Banking in Asia and Europe. Prior to his present role, he served as Consumer Group risk director for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), where he was responsible for managing consumer credit and fraud risk for EMEA region.
“I am looking forward to working with the Citi team on the ground and further developing our business,” said Sharma.
“We have a strong consumer franchise in the region which has been diligently built over several decades, and we intend to grow it further and provide best-in-class services to our niche clients.”
Atiq Ur Rehman, Citi’s chief executive officer for the Middle East, said: “Dinesh’s all-round experience through various assignments across multiple geographies positions him well to lead this key business in the Region and ensure its robust growth going forward.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April