Saudi shares close higher on petchem gains
Riyadh, November 24, 2012
Saudi shares closed higher on Saturday, supported by gains in the petrochemical sector after oil prices rise. The all-share added 0.8 per cent to 6,665 points and the petrochemical index gained 1.1 percent to 5,649 points.
Heavyweight Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) closed 0.9 percent higher, as well as the banking index, gaining 0.3 percent and ending at 14,733 points.
Oil prices rose on Friday as fresh protests in Egypt once again stoked supply concerns, with additional support coming from optimism about talks on releasing aid to Greece. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale