Saudi shares close higher on petchem gains
Riyadh, November 24, 2012
Saudi shares closed higher on Saturday, supported by gains in the petrochemical sector after oil prices rise. The all-share added 0.8 per cent to 6,665 points and the petrochemical index gained 1.1 percent to 5,649 points.
Heavyweight Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) closed 0.9 percent higher, as well as the banking index, gaining 0.3 percent and ending at 14,733 points.
Oil prices rose on Friday as fresh protests in Egypt once again stoked supply concerns, with additional support coming from optimism about talks on releasing aid to Greece. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity