QInvest names new chief executive
Doha, November 22, 2012
Qatar-based investment bank QInvest said on Thursday it has appointed Tamim Hamad Al-Kawari as its chief executive officer.
Kawari will replace Shahzad Shahbaz who has resigned with immediate effect, the company said in an e-mailed statement. Shahbaz will continue with the bank for an unspecified transition period, it added.
Kawari was QInvest's deputy CEO and prior to that served as Goldman Sachs' country head for Qatar.
Last month, QInvest completed a deal with EFG Hermes where the Egyptian investment bank would hive off its investment banking business to create a joint venture in which the Qatari bank would control 60 per cent.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale