QInvest names new chief executive
Doha, November 22, 2012
Qatar-based investment bank QInvest said on Thursday it has appointed Tamim Hamad Al-Kawari as its chief executive officer.
Kawari will replace Shahzad Shahbaz who has resigned with immediate effect, the company said in an e-mailed statement. Shahbaz will continue with the bank for an unspecified transition period, it added.
Kawari was QInvest's deputy CEO and prior to that served as Goldman Sachs' country head for Qatar.
Last month, QInvest completed a deal with EFG Hermes where the Egyptian investment bank would hive off its investment banking business to create a joint venture in which the Qatari bank would control 60 per cent.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson