NBB-SIO eye stake in Bahrain Islamic Bank
Manama, November 22, 2012
The National Bank of Bahrain (NBB) and Social Insurance Organisation (SIO) are in preliminary discussions with the Kuwait-based Investment Dar Company (TID) to acquire a key stake in Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB), said a report.
Such acquisitions of shares in BisB by NBB and SIO from TID will be subject to completion of diligence investigations, obtaining all requisite regulatory consents and approvals, agreement on terms between various parties and approvals from their respective boards of directors, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
BisB, the first Islamic Bank in Bahrain, is owned by a number of large financial and government institutions as well as individuals and companies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head