Saudi down on banking, petchem stocks
Riyadh, November 17, 2012
Saudi shares close lower on Saturday, dragged down by losses in the petrochemical and banking stocks. The all-share dropped 0.4 per cent to close at 6,793 points.
Petrochemical giant Saudi Basic Industries (Sabic) dropped 0.6 per cent. The petrochemical index shed 0.6 per cent to close at 5,752 points, while the banking index fell 0.5 per cent to end at 15,066 points.
Heavyweight Al Rajhi Bank closed at 0.7 per cent.
Earlier in the day, the shares started lower weighed by petrochemical and banking stocks. The all-share had dropped 0.6 per cent to close at 6,779.8 points and the petrochemical index dropped 0.6 per cent to hit 5,746 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service