Saudi down on banking, petchem stocks
Riyadh, November 17, 2012
Saudi shares close lower on Saturday, dragged down by losses in the petrochemical and banking stocks. The all-share dropped 0.4 per cent to close at 6,793 points.
Petrochemical giant Saudi Basic Industries (Sabic) dropped 0.6 per cent. The petrochemical index shed 0.6 per cent to close at 5,752 points, while the banking index fell 0.5 per cent to end at 15,066 points.
Heavyweight Al Rajhi Bank closed at 0.7 per cent.
Earlier in the day, the shares started lower weighed by petrochemical and banking stocks. The all-share had dropped 0.6 per cent to close at 6,779.8 points and the petrochemical index dropped 0.6 per cent to hit 5,746 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records