First Gulf Bank signs $900 million loan
Dubai, November 13, 2012
First Gulf Bank, the second-largest lender by market value in the United Arab Emirates, has signed a three-year $900 million loan with a group of international lenders, the bank said in a statement on Tuesday.
The senior unsecured facility was increased from the original $800 million amount because of demand from banks wanting to join the deal, First Gulf said.
The loan, priced at 130 basis points over the London interbank offered rate (Libor) will be used for general corporate purposes. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace