Insurance House YTD net profit tops $2m
Abu Dhabi, November 6, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Insurance House has registered a net profit of Dh7.65 million ($2.08 million) for the nine months ended September 30, after achieving operating breakeven in the first quarter of the year.
Gross Written Premium (GWP) from date of commencement of operations until September 30 totaled Dh59.58 million with more than Dh44.58 million (75 per cent) of GWP underwritten during the first nine months of 2012 alone.
Gross Premium written during the third quarter totaled Dh17.86 million compared to Dh13.73 million in the second quarter, signaling a quarter on quarter growth of 30 per cent.
Total assets as of September 30 grew to Dh321 million compared to Dh264 million as of December 31, 2011. Shareholders’ Equity as of September 30 strengthened to Dh123.8 million, compared to Dh116.6 million as of December 31, 2011.
Mohammed Abdulla Alqubaisi, chairman of Insurance House said: “Robust incomes generated from Underwriting and Investment activities coupled with tight control on operating costs were the key contributors to this exceptional performance, in the very first year of operations.”
Mohammed Othman, general manager of Insurance House added: “Our unrelenting efforts aimed at meeting our clients’ needs and exceeding their expectations are clearly manifesting into positive financial results on a sustained basis.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013