Investcorp unit issues $250m 5-year bond
Manama, November 4, 2012
Investcorp SA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bahrain-based Investcorp Bank, a global provider and manager of alternative investment products, has completed a $250 million bond issuance.
The bonds, which mature in November 2017, are guaranteed by Investcorp Bank, a statement said.
The offering was received by an array of over 95 global investors, resulting in an oversubscribed order book that included private banks subscribing for 60 per cent and institutional investors subscribing for 40 per cent of the offering.
The distribution of bond investors was geographically well-diversified with 46 per cent of investors from Europe (including the UK), 27 per cent from the Middle East, 15 per cent from Asia and 12 per cent from the US.
This is Investcorp’s first offering in the public dollar-denominated debt market as well as the first such debt issuance by an alternative investment firm out of the emerging markets.
Rishi Kapoor, chief financial officer of Investcorp, said: “The success of our first dollar-denominated public bond issue demonstrates the appeal of Investcorp’s business model to a broad international debt investor base.”
“Following on from our recent successful $529 million loan financing in June, the bonds will add further flexibility and duration to our overall liquidity and funding profile and provide a robust platform for the pursuit of our business objectives over the medium term,” he added.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, ING, JP Morgan and RBS were joint lead managers and bookrunners on the offering. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO