Gulf Bank Q3 net profit rises 5.6pc
Kuwait, October 30, 2012
Gulf Bank, Kuwait's fourth-largest lender by market value, reported a 5.6 percent rise in third-quarter net profit, the bank said in a bourse filing on Tuesday.
Net profit for the three months ending September 30 was KD9.62 million ($34.1 million), compared with 9.11 million dinars in the same period a year ago, the bank said in the statement.
Arqaam Capital had forecasted Gulf Bank would make a KD10 million profit in the third quarter.
The bank's chief executive said in September that the lender had been selected as a lead manager to help finance two major energy projects in Kuwait. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Ahli United expands key POS service
- BKIC unveils new brand identity
- NBB completes BisB share purchase
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- UAE sees big foreign capital inflow
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend
- Apicorp posts $109m profit in 2012
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast