Salah Al Fulaij
NBK Capital advises Qtel on $1.8bn acquisition
Kuwait, October 27, 2012
Kuwait-based NBK Capital advised Qatar Telecommunications (Qtel) on the completion of its $1.8 billion acquisition of 39.61 per cent of National Mobile Telecommunications (Wataniya Telecom).
The offer was well received by shareholders, bringing Qtel’s ownership to above 92 per cent.
NBK Capital, a subsidiary of the National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), leveraged its in-depth knowledge of the local market, its unparalleled access to investors and its solid track record in executing high profile transactions in the region. The success of this transaction reaffirms NBK Capital’s position at the top of the M&A league tables.
“This is a landmark transaction that involved working with a number of parties, including regulators and investors. The decision by Qtel to appoint NBK Capital to advise on such a high profile transaction demonstrates confidence in NBK Capital’s capability,” said Salah Al Fulaij, CEO of NBK Capital.
“Since the CMA was established, Kuwait has seen a number of tender offers, which confirms the country’s status as an attractive destination for doing business and a well-regulated and transparent market,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend
- Apicorp posts $109m profit in 2012
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi