Bahrain to conduct insurance tests online
Manama, October 18, 2012
The Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) in association with the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF) will be conducting general insurance tests online, said the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB).
Announcing this on the sidelines of a key industry event, CBB stated that the BIA and BIBF will provide chartered insurance institute (CII) qualifications in general insurance and financial planning through online exams, which can be taken anytime.
"While the CBB's mandate is to regulate, promote and develop Bahrain's insurance industry, it is also our priority to create competitive advantage through compliance," said CBB insurance directorate financial institutions supervision executive director Abdul Rahman Al Baker.
"The CII Award exams are among such initiatives. Making use of technology to deliver these exams will certainly add business value for insurance players along with flexibility for candidates," he added.
BIA chairman Younis Al Sayed said in Bahrain, the CBB, the BIA and the BIBF have formed a triangle of success and have taken up the challenge of equipping the local insurance industry with qualified professionals - right from entry level to executive management. "These efforts will continue," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD partners with Insead
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end