Noor unveils new smartphone, tablet app
Dubai, October 15, 2012
Dubai-based Noor Islamic Bank has announced the launch of its new augmented reality ‘Bank In Your Hand’ smartphone and tablet app, the first of its kind in the Middle East.
The Noor App, which will be available for download in November, will enable customers to access Noor’s full range of products and services, from opening an account to executing banking transactions, such as money transfers and utility bill payments.
Noor is also seeking approval from the UAE Central Bank to enable customers to securely deposit cheques via the app, by scanning the cheque with their smartphone or tablet, a statement from the bank said.
Hussain AlQemzi, GCEO of Noor Investment Group and chief executive of Noor Islamic Bank, said: “Next generation Noor customers will not want to visit a bank branch for their day-to-day banking needs. They will want access to banking services and products on their smartphones and tablets.”
“The Noor Appis a key part of our commitment to providing our customers with convenience banking, wherever and whenever they want it.”
“Noor is known as a progressive, forward looking bank. Harnessing the latest technology for the benefit of our customers is part of our DNA. The Noor App is the latest in a long line of innovations we have introduced. And it won’t be the last. Noor is determined to be the leader in digital banking.”
Its ‘Bank of the Future’ initiative is aimed at creating new, innovative, ways of banking and enhancing the banking experience.
To support the Bank of the Future initiative, Noor has also launched an online competition, ‘Shape Your Bank’, to crowd source ideas on the future of banks, the statement said. A prize of $20,000 will be awarded for the best idea on how the banking experience can be improved.
The closing date for entries is October 31.
“This is the latest step in a journey that began even before we launched, when we held our first ‘Shape Your Bank’ campaign,’ Al Qemzi said. “We listened then and we are still listening. The ideas we receive, through the latest ‘Shape Your Bank’ campaign, will guide the way we conduct our business in the future.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn