Japanese delegation visits Emirates NBD museum
Dubai, October 15, 2012
A senior delegation of investors from Japan recently visited Emirates NBD Pearl Musuem, where they were given a guided tour of one of the most important heritages of the Gulf, pearling.
The delegation was headed by Shinji Kawasaka, chairman of the Asia-Pacific Economic and Environmental Research Society; and Yasu Nakashima, CEO, Japan and international director at LaSalle Investment Management.
They were received by Ali Al Kaitoob, the general manager of Emirates NBD Properties; and Ibrahim Sowaidan, head of group corporate communications at Emirates NBD.
The Museum plays an important role in educating visitors about the culture and heritage of the UAE and what life was like before the discovery of oil, a statement from Emirates NBD said. The unique collection of natural pearls is preserved in an elegantly designed museum under the custody of Emirates NBD and located at its headquarters building in Dubai.
The visit was organised by Mohammed Ilyas, the managing director of Iksam. The visit aims at assisting the Japanese investors to identify investment opportunities in the growing sectors in the UAE including real estate, commerce, tourism and hospitality. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3