Al Habtoor eyes Indonesia business ties
Dubai, October 14, 2012
Al Habtoor Group, a leading diversified group in the UAE, recently held discussions with a high-level delegation from Indonesia aimed at developing bilateral ties and potential business opportunities.
The team led by Salman Al Farisi, the Indonesian Ambassador to the UAE; Fajar Nuradi, Consul, CG of the Republic of Indonesia and Cahyo Purnomo, the head of Indonesia Investments Promotion Centre (IIPC) of Abu Dhabi met Al Habtoor Group executives Mohammed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, the managing director; Paul Rayner, adviser to the chairman; KP Rajan, the group financial advisor and Sanjeev Agarwala, the director of strategy and business development.
Speaking after the meeting, Al Mazrooei said, “The Al Habtoor Group is exploring potential investment opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region, including in Indonesia, where the country is experiencing economic growth. Indonesia remains one of the fastest growing and most stable economies in Asia.”
The visiting delegation said the Indonesian government was impressed with the economic activity in the UAE as well as Al Habtoor Group’s practices.
The officials said Indonesia was keen to develop business links with the UAE and further increase its ties. In the first quarter, the bilateral trade between Indonesia and the UAE reached $700 million. Oil and petrochemicals were the major imports for Indonesia.
A UAE-based conglomerate, the Al Habtoor Group is best known for construction. But, it is globally recognised through its involvement in the hotel, automotive, real estate, education, insurance and publishing sectors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook