Visa in MAF credit card partnership
Dubai, October 7, 2012
Visa, one of the world’s leading global payment solution providers, has partnered with Majid Al Futtaim Finance to launch the new Najm Visa Platinum credit card in the UAE.
The new card is aimed at giving residents the unique opportunity to take advantage of ‘PremiumAwards’, the UAE’s most innovative and dynamic loyalty programme, said a company statement.
PremiumRewards, the market’s leading travel rewards programme, offers new customers 36,000 points on joining and allows cardholders to collect and redeem points in real time against a range of travel rewards and benefits, including stays at over 200,000 hotels around the worldwide and airline tickets with unlimited airport lounge access.
Not only does the Najm Visa Platinum Credit Card provide the ultimate travel experience, customers can also enjoy a range of lifestyle and entertainment experiences, such as fine dining, memorable days out and leisure pursuits, said a top official.
From balloon rides and desert safaris, discounted entrance at more than 300 of the world’s best golf courses, and exhilarating speedboat or luxury car driving, there is something for everyone, whatever their tastes and passions.
Marcello Baricordi, the general manager for Visa in the UAE, said: “Visa offers one of the most comprehensive sets of payment products and continues to innovate by enhancing its products, systems and services, and by bringing the benefits of digital currency to more people in more places.”
“We are delighted to have partnered with Majid Al Futtaim Finance to create the exclusive new Najm Visa Platinum Credit Card and give Visa cardholders in the UAE an opportunity to reap amazing rewards whenever they use their credit card here or overseas.
"With such an impressive array of benefits, this is further demonstration of Visa’s dedication to rewarding our customers for incorporating Visa into their everyday lives, and also reinforces our commitment to the tourism industry in the UAE,” he added.
Rasool Hujair, CEO for Majid Al Futtaim Finance, said, "The UAE is an exciting and vibrant place to live, so it is no surprise that people living here are eager to try new and exciting experiences."
"The Najm card was created with this in mind, enabling cardholders to enjoy real and tangible benefits of luxury when travelling but also lifestyle privileges that make a real difference to their day to day lives," he noted.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals