Saudi soars on petchem gains
Riyadh, October 6, 2012
Saudi shares opened higher on Saturday, led by gains in the petrochemical and banking stocks.
Shares in Kingdom Holding gain 2 percent after announcing that it sold its interest in the Fairmont Hotel and Raffles Suites & Residences in Manila for $58.1 million.
The all share gains 0.5 percent in early trading to 6,921 points and the petrochemcial index adds 0.6 percent to 6,015 points.
Petrochemical Giant Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic) gained 0.6 per cent. The banking sector also rises, adding 0.5 percent to 15,210 points.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service