Barclays appoints Mena wealth director
Dubai, October 3, 2012
Barclays has appointed Wassim Alameddine as director, Private Banker for its Wealth and Investment Management division in the Mena region focusing on the Gulf market.
Alameddine will be responsible for providing financial advice to HNWIs and UHNWIs in the region, providing clients with the opportunity to access the breadth of Wealth and Investment Management services and financial products available through Barclays.
Rory Gilbert, managing director and head of Mena for Wealth and Investment Management, Barclays, said: “Our consistent efforts to strengthen our Wealth and Investment Management offerings in the Gulf region arise from the growing demand for tailored investment opportunities and portfolios across a broad range of clients.”
“Our latest appointment builds upon our commitment to continually evolve and provide enhanced services to clients.”
“We are pleased to have Wassim on our Wealth and Investment Management team; his extensive knowledge of the region and range of experience in dealing with high net worth clients will be a significant asset to our team,” he added.
“We are committed to providing bespoke financial services to our growing client base in the region. We endeavour to broaden and deepen our Mena presence by aligning our business strategies and talent to this growth.”
Prior to joining Barclays, Alameddine held senior positions in regional and international organisations such as Kuwait Financial Centre “Markaz”, National Bank of Kuwait and CIG Corporation.
He brings with him vast experience in private banking and management of HNWI portfolios for a variety of clients in the region. Alameddine holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance from Concordia University in Canada. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi