Training boost for KPMG auditing experts
Manama, October 1, 2012
Around 45 senior audit professionals from KPMG attended a training workshop organised by the global financial services consultancy.
The workshop on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) was conducted by technical partner Yusuf Hassan.
Annual updates and key changes in the standards relevant for companies in Bahrain were the focus of the workshop.
"Apart from the annual sessions on accounting standards, KPMG uses virtual platforms and eLearning modules to develop leading edge professionals and we are confident that these workshops and tools have provided valuable insights to participants," said KPMG partner and audit head Jaafar Al Qubaiti.
The following year will be one of changes in the IFRS field, said KPMG IFRS partner Mahesh Balasubramanian.
The adoption of a consolidation suit of standards from the beginning of 2013 is something audit professionals need to be fully aware of, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget