Training boost for KPMG auditing experts
Manama, October 1, 2012
Around 45 senior audit professionals from KPMG attended a training workshop organised by the global financial services consultancy.
The workshop on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) was conducted by technical partner Yusuf Hassan.
Annual updates and key changes in the standards relevant for companies in Bahrain were the focus of the workshop.
"Apart from the annual sessions on accounting standards, KPMG uses virtual platforms and eLearning modules to develop leading edge professionals and we are confident that these workshops and tools have provided valuable insights to participants," said KPMG partner and audit head Jaafar Al Qubaiti.
The following year will be one of changes in the IFRS field, said KPMG IFRS partner Mahesh Balasubramanian.
The adoption of a consolidation suit of standards from the beginning of 2013 is something audit professionals need to be fully aware of, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3