Mumtalakat prices 5-yr $97.7m sukuk
London, September 25, 2012
Bahraini sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat priced a 300 million ringgit ($97.7 million) five-year sukuk on September 7 via Standard Chartered and CIMB Islamic.
The murabaha-structured deal is the first by the AA2 (Ram) rated borrower in the ringgit market and has been issued off its 3 billion ringgit sukuk programme.
Mumtalakat went on investor meetings in the summer but held back from issuing because basis swaps were not favourable for Gulf borrowers at the time.
The issue date for the sukuk will be October 4, while the maturity date is October 3, 2017. The profit rate is 5.5 per cent. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD partners with Insead
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end