Saudi GDP posts 16pc growth in Q1
Riyadh, September 24, 2012
Saudi Arabia's gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 15.96 per cent in the first quarter to hit SR612.2 billion ($163 billion) in current prices compared to SR528 billion last year, according to a report.
In real prices, the Kingdom’s GDP growth was 5.94 per cent, the Arab News reported citing the preliminary reports released by Central Department of Statistics on the National Day yesterday.
The public sector GDP rose by 0.17 per cent to SR89.2 billion in current prices compared to SR89 billion last year, the report added.
The private sector GDP grew by 10.52 per cent with a value of SR162.7 billion compared to SR147.3 billion the previous year, said the report.
The Kingdom's GDP registered a 31 per cent growth to hit SR2.2 trillion in 2011 compared to the previous year. During the same year, the private sector GDP grew by 14.7 per cent, it added.
According to the report, Saudi's total exports in 2011 surged to over SR1.41 trillion. The oil sector posted a record 23.7 per cent growth in current prices with a value of SR356.51 billion compared to SR288.1 billion the year before.
Nonoil exports rose 31 per cent to SR176 billion, which accounted for eight per cent of the GDP, the department said while highlighting the Kingdom’s remarkable economic progress.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013