Citibank warns on fraudulent SMS
Manama, September 23, 2012
Citibank Bahrain has urged residents of the kingdom to be on the alert regarding a spate of fraudulent text messages sent through SMS, informing the recipients that they have won a prize or a check.
The message also asks the customer to visit Citibank branch or call an overseas number for verification. The texts are sent in the name of Citibank.
“We wish to inform residents of Bahrain that these messages are fraudulent and are not coming from Citibank.
“Citibank calls on all recipients of this message to dismiss it as a fraud message,” said the Citibank statement.
“Citibank is always keen on using a professional process to contact its customers to inform them when they win a prize. The bank would always invite the customer to the main branch in Seef District to collect any prize without the need to call a number, or send an SMS,” it said.
It urged people to call Citibank’s 24-hour CitiPhone Banking Service on 17 58 2484 in case they need any assistance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech