Solidarity unit H1 earnings rise 140pc
Manama, September 9, 2012
The Jordanian subsidiary of Bahrain-based Solidarity Group Holding has posted earnings before tax of JD1 million ($1.41 million) for the first half of the year, marking a 140 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
First Insurance occupied the fourth position in market share, according to a study on the Jordanian insurance market.
Total premium contributions during the first half reached 12.3 million Jordanian dinars ($17.42 million) which is a 45 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
'We are justifiably proud that First Insurance has achieved outstanding results,' said Solidarity Group chief executive Ashraf Bseisu.
'This is a noteworthy achievement for the youngest player in the Jordanian market in a record breaking period of four years since its establishment.
'It is a direct consequence of the devotion, dedication and world-class expertise of every member of First Insurance and Solidarity Group team.' – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity