ENBD wins Asia's Best Brand award
Dubai, August 26, 2012
Emirates NBD (ENBD), a leading bank in the Middle East, has won the award for Asia’s Best Brand, for the second year in succession, at the third CMO Asia Awards for Excellence in Branding and Marketing.
The award, which consists of a statuette and citation, was received on behalf of the bank by Brian Shegar, general manager and head - Asia Pacific, Emirates NBD.
The CMO Asia awards recognise organisations for their branding and marketing initiatives, and for the strength of an organisation’s brand among target audiences. This year, over 150 companies from 25 countries across Asia, participated in the awards.
Emirates NBD is one of only two UAE-based organisations and the only bank from the UAE, to be recognised as one of Asia’s 27 Best Brands.
Other well-known international names in the list include Citibank, Deutsche Bank, Google, Hong Kong Disneyland, Malaysian Airlines, Microsoft, Pizza Hut, Proctor&Gamble, Qantas, Telecom Malaysia, Volkswagen and Wal-Mart Asia.
Vikram Krishna, head of Group Marketing and Branding, Emirates NBD, said: “Our 360 degree marketing practices have resulted in establishing the Emirates NBD brand across the Middle East and we look forward to replicating our success across various international jurisdictions. This award is of particular significance, since we have been recognised from amongst well-established brands across the Middle East, Asia and the Asia Pacific region.”
Asia’s Best Brand award is conferred on manufacturers and companies of outstanding consumer products and focuses on the company brands and trademarks.
Emirates NBD was awarded the title based on the mind, market and commitment share of the brand among consumers in the specific product category. This accolade was achieved based on the brand’s strength in consumers’ minds, the brand’s ability to encourage buying behaviour, as well as actual buying behaviour. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast