NBK names new managing director for IBQ
Doha, August 1, 2012
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) has announced the appointment of Jabra Ghandour as the new managing director of the International Bank of Qatar (IBQ), which is 30 per cent owned and managed by NBK.
He will replace George Nasra, who will remain a member of the board of directors of IBQ.
Prior to his new role, Ghandour held the post of general manager of NBK in Jordan for seven years and earlier was head of Private Banking at NBK Kuwait.
“I look forward to maintaining and reinforcing the bank’s competitive edge and high-profile position in the market,” said Ghandour. “IBQ will continue to provide clients with unique and superior services and tailored products that highlight IBQ as the bank of choice in Qatar.”
Nasra said: “It has been a privilege working with IBQ’s executive team as managing director, where IBQ has seen significant year-on-year growth and been awarded with a host of globally-renowned accolades. This is a solid testament to the bank’s performance and unswerving commitment to excellence.”
Ghandour has a Master’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1985. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge