Doha Bank CEO conferred honorary doctorate
Dubai, June 26, 2012
The European University, one of the world’s top business schools, recently conferred Doctorate of Honoris Causa on R Seetharaman, Group chief executive officer, Doha Bank.
Dr Seetharaman received the honorary doctorate in Geneva, Switzerland at the Graduation Ceremony of the students of European University.
The honour has been bestowed on Dr Seetharaman for his unique and valuable contributions to global governance and social responsibility.
Dr Seetharaman has also received an honorary doctorate from the Washington College in US on May 20.
“I’m extremely humbled to receive this honour and consider it as a huge privilege,” said Dr Seetharaman, commenting on the Doctorate of Honoris Causa received from the European University.
“It gives me great pride to be a part of this esteemed family and join my fellow honoraries. I would like to thank the European University management for considering me deserving enough for the doctorate title.”
Dr Seetharaman further provided insights on sustainable development and the aim towards it being undertaking issues such as poverty eradication, environmental sustainability, and sustainable consumption and production.
The various dimensions towards sustainable development are: social foundation, low carbon economy, environmental sustainability and gender equality. The main key challenges of sustainable development would be climatic change, energy security, increase in natural and manmade disasters and rising unemployment.
Dr Seetharaman said that sustainable development is now in the hands of the current generation, and they are the ones who will lead the world to a brighter future. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum