StanChart wins big at Retail Banker awards
Manama, June 14, 2012
Standard Chartered Bank has won awards of Best Global Retail Bank and Best Online Banking Strategy at the 27th Retail Banker International's Awards.
The accolades recognise the bank's strong progress in delivering consistent results amidst the industry's changing climate and regulatory environment. They also reflect the bank's leadership in demonstrating innovation and cost-effective deployment, while achieving growth, operational efficiencies and high levels of customer satisfaction.
"Standard Chartered is a worthy winner of the awards as it has posted record profits for the ninth successive year, while driving to continuously deliver highly differentiated and innovative products, services and superior online consumer experiences," said Retail Banker International editor Douglas Blakey.
The judging criteria included levels of sustainable profitable growth, demonstration of high professional standards and exemplary representation of the industry to external stakeholders.
"Standard Chartered adopts a customer-focused strategy to provide its customers with products to cater to their financial needs," said the bank's UAE and Middle East regional head of consumer banking Khalid Al Gibaly.
"The bank is continuously investing in its platform and human resources to enhance its customers' experience when using our services and interacting with our staff. The awards are testament to our efforts to provide best in class retail banking services and products." – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April
- Global Takaful market to hit $20bn
- NBAD launches new Dubai branch
- BBK inaugurates 3rd branch in India
- Islamic finance in Tunisia could reach 40pc share
- Khalifa Fund signs deal with Abu Dhabi Finance
- Qatar tightens caps on banks' securities investment