Al Baraka in Islamic finance drive
Manama, June 4, 2012
Bahrain-based Al Baraka Banking Group and the World Bank have reached an agreement to launch joint programmes under a set of new Islamic finance initiatives.
These initiatives are aimed at fostering sustainable development of Islamic economics and finance, through the design and delivery of activities.
These include identifying and disseminating sound practices in the Islamic financial services industry, including sound practices relating to the regulatory and supervisory environment, institutional infrastructure, corporate governance, business practices, and market development and encouraging research and promoting awareness of appropriate risk management framework for Islamic banks in particular and the Islamic finance industry in general. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3