Dubai Islamic eyes 5-year sukuk
Dubai, May 21, 2012
Dubai Islamic Bank has released initial price guidance for a new five-year benchmark-sized Islamic bond, or sukuk, arranging banks said on Monday.
Indicative pricing for the sukuk was given at 375 basis points over midswaps. The borrower wraps up roadshows in London on Monday, and execution of the deal is expected on Tuesday, arrangers said.
Benchmark is usually understood to mean at least $500 million.
Deutsche Bank, Emirates NBD, HSBC , National Bank of Abu Dhabi and DIB itself are arranging the deal.
An eventual sukuk issue is expected to benefit from a strong local bid as well as demand for Islamic assets despite renewed uncertainty in the euro zone. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance
- BMI Bank-Al Salam boards back merger
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets