Dubai Islamic eyes 5-year sukuk
Dubai, May 21, 2012
Dubai Islamic Bank has released initial price guidance for a new five-year benchmark-sized Islamic bond, or sukuk, arranging banks said on Monday.
Indicative pricing for the sukuk was given at 375 basis points over midswaps. The borrower wraps up roadshows in London on Monday, and execution of the deal is expected on Tuesday, arrangers said.
Benchmark is usually understood to mean at least $500 million.
Deutsche Bank, Emirates NBD, HSBC , National Bank of Abu Dhabi and DIB itself are arranging the deal.
An eventual sukuk issue is expected to benefit from a strong local bid as well as demand for Islamic assets despite renewed uncertainty in the euro zone. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk