BMI Bank sponsors 'Banks in Bahrain’ reception
Manama, May 12, 2012
BMI Bank, a Bahrain retail and commercial banking institution, today announced the renewal of its key sponsorship of the ‘Banks in Bahrain’ reception at the 2012 joint International Monetary Fund/World Bank Conference to be held in Tokyo on October 13.
The event, hosted by the Bahrain Association of Banks (BAB) will be attended by the bank’s chief executive officer (CEO) Jamal Al-Hazeem along with a Bahraini delegation of prominent executives from both the government and private sectors.
The delegation will be led by Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al-Khalifa, the Minister of Finance; Rasheed Al Maraj, the Governor of the Central Bank of Bahrain; and Abdulkarim Bucheery, CEO of BBK and chairman of BAB.
Announcing the renewal of its sponsorship, Jamal Al-Hazeem said: “Bahrain is widely regarded as one the best-regulated and transparent financial centres within the Middle East with over 400 licensed financial institutions contributing 27.6 per cent of the country’s GDP. BAB represents the interests of this key sector with the regulator and other third-parties and is also tasked with promoting Bahrain to other regional banking centers looking to do business here.
"As a responsible Bahraini Bank, we are proud to extend our support for the third consecutive year towards the BAB-organised reception which aims to showcase Bahrain along with its core financial sector to an international audience that includes various central bankers, ministers of finance and development along with banking and private sector senior executives who would be attending the conference. This sponsorship stems from our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program that seeks to support events that help in raising the profile of Bahrain whilst enhancing our position as a strong local retail and commercial banking institution.”
Acknowledging the bank’s sponsorship, Abdulkarim Bucheery said: “We are delighted to receive support from BMI Bank towards this landmark event held during the world’s most influential annual international financial gathering. This is an important opportunity to present the Kingdom of Bahrain to many leading decision-makers in banking and finance from all over the world and the presence of such leading local banks strengthens Bahrain’s position at the event.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum