Amex wins Banker ME credit card award
Dubai, May 1, 2012
American Express (Amex) Middle East has won an award for Best Premium Credit Card at the recent Banker Middle East Product Awards 2012 hosted by CPI Financial in Dubai.
The Platinum Card from American Express Middle East was recognised in the Best Premium Credit Card category for offering exclusive privileges and benefits to cardmembers, with its features and market share being key factors in winning the award.\
Among the unique privileges that the Platinum Card offers its Cardmembers, are 24/7 worldwide customer care; dedicated travel and lifestyle services, no pre-set spending limit, access to over 600 airport lounges across the world; travel and purchase protection insurances and access to the global award-winning Membership Rewards programme.
Membership Rewards enables Platinum Cardmembers to earn one point for nearly every dollar spent on the card, which can be redeemed across a wide selection of reward categories including flights with 11 regional and global airlines, 5-star hotels, dining and entertainment and charity donations.
American Express Middle East also introduced a new Membership Rewards Merchandiser programme offering points redemptions on high-end branded items.
“We are delighted that the Platinum Card has been recognised with this prestigious award, which further cements its strong reputation in the Mena region,” said Mazin Khoury, chief executive officer, American Express Middle East.
“The Platinum Card holds a promise of extraordinary experiences and superior benefits, elegantly enabled by personalised service superior to any other brand. It is also internationally recognised as one the world’s most prestigious cards, and those who carry it, stand apart from the crowd.”
“For example, the key differentiator that the Platinum Card offers is the personalised service that comes with the Card and that allows each cardmember to access a Premium Account Manager to assist them with all Card-related, travel and lifestyle needs,” Khoury added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook