Daman Funds announce record dividends
Dubai , April 17, 2012
Daman Investments, one of the leading UAE-based regional investment management companies, has announced a record ninth consecutive quarterly dividend for the Daman Second Emirates Fund.
For the first quarter of 2012, the fund paid out a dividend of Dh1.50, translating into a very healthy annualized yield of 5.5 per cent versus its benchmark - NBAD yield of 4.98 per cent as at the end of March 31. The NAV of the fund was Dh108.26.
Daman Fifth Fund also paid out its first maiden dividend of Dh1 for the first quarter which equates to an annualized dividend yield of 3.9 per cent.
Commenting on the success, Shehab Gargash, CEO of Daman Investments said, “We believe it is important to pay out investors that are within the fund. The fund continues to deliver strong income and capital growth with lower volatility than the broader market.”
Shehzad Janab, Daman Investments’ head of asset management and advisory, said the company was encouraged by the activity in the market in the first quarter.
'We feel we are currently in the midst of a virtuous cycle of more cash inflows into the market buoyed by strong corporate results, which we believe are sustainable and have further upside. Hence, rewards will be reaped by the early investors,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha