KFH Bahrain receives ISO certification
Manama, April 15, 2012
Kuwait Finance House Bahrain (KFH) data centre has been awarded the information security certification ISO 27001, following a stringent audit by an international certification body.
It is the first Islamic bank in the Kingdom to achieve this milestone, a statement from KFH said.
The ISO certificate was presented to Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat, the managing director and CEO of KFH-Bahrain. "We are delighted with this accreditation as it clearly demonstrates KFH-Bahrain's leadership in the information technology arena of Islamic banking and financial sector in Bahrain.”
“With this certification, the bank will be able to launch innovative electronic services for its retail and corporate customers. With the growing need for information security and IT risk in the area of information technology, the importance of this achievement cannot be overstated.”
"We have always been aware that the data centre, network infrastructure and other associated services play a vital role in running banking services. We therefore decided to adopt global best practices and implement ISO controls in our main data centre and network to mitigate the risk of intrusions and disruptions," Alkhayyat added.
The purpose-built and scalable dedicated centre makes KFH-Bahrain the first bank in the Kingdom to have virtualisation technology which is capable of providing a fault tolerant, dependable and interruption-free operation.
The data centre infrastructure is based on an integrated rack, power and cooling solution complete with advanced management and monitoring hardware and software.
It significantly improved the overall reliability and accessibility with complete network redundancy, EMC data storage within a VMware virtualisation environment.
This state-of-the-art infrastructure will sustain KFH-Bahrain's technical requirements for the next 10 years with an integrated ability for future growth and IT transformation, the statement said.
It will also have a positive impact on the bank’s customers through improved IT services, higher availability of banking channels and a reduction in the bank's operating risks, keeping in mind that the Data Centre provides its services and support 24/7.
ISO 27001 has been acclaimed universally as a vital tool to manage and minimise the range of threats to which information is regularly subjected. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi