EFG appoints new private banking head
Zurich, April 2, 2012
EFG Private Bank, EFG International’s business in the UK, has appointed Daniel Gerber to the position of managing director and head of Private Banking, with effect from July 2.
He will be a member of the management committee and board of EFG Private Bank and will report to Anthony Cooke-Yarborough, CEO of EFG International’s UK and Channel Islands business, encompassing EFG Private Bank, EFG Harris Allday and EFG Independent Financial Advisers.
Gerber was formerly chief executive officer of Julius Baer International in London, a position he held since 2008, having previously been its deputy CEO.
Anthony Cooke-Yarborough, chief executive officer, EFG Private Bank, said: “I am very pleased that Daniel is joining EFG Private Bank. His career has been spent in private banking, and he brings specific experience of running a Swiss-owned UK private banking business.”
“EFG Private Bank has been growing strongly, notwithstanding challenging conditions. The business is well positioned, and I am looking forward to working with Daniel to deliver continued profitable growth.”
“I am excited to be taking on this new challenge, and to be part of a dynamic private banking business intent on delivering further growth,” said Gerber.
“EFG Private Bank has much to offer both clients and entrepreneurial private bankers, and has significant future potential. I am looking forward to helping to realise this,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey