NBAD reduces water consumption 43pc
Abu Dhabi, March 22, 2012
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi, a leading bank in the UAE, has reduced water consumption by 43 per cent in 2011 in all its branches and buildings in the UAE, and has achieved one of its 2011 sustainability commitments.
The conservation was achieved by installing water saving devices on taps, fitting devices in cisterns and raising awareness about reducing water waste.
“On World Water Day 2012, the National Bank of Abu Dhabi celebrates its success in reducing our water consumption. This is a key achievement because using water wisely and reducing waste is a vital sustainability goal globally and even more so in this region,” said Belinda Scott, senior manager of Corporate Sustainability &Responsibility at NBAD.
NBAD initially installed water-saving devices on the taps at One NBAD Tower, the bank’s head office; the NBAD Khalidiya branch and office; the NBAD Academy in Abu Dhabi; and the NBAD Etihad branch. The bank continued with installing the devices at all its facilities throughout the UAE.
The bank also implemented a methodical system to report water leaks and engaged internal sustainability champions to help educate staff.
“Of course awareness is one of the most effective ways to realise the goals of sustainability, and special occasions such as World Water Day and Earth Hour remind us that we can all make a difference,” Scott said.
International World Water Day is held annually on March 22 to highlight the significance of freshwater supplies. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit