Kingdom Holding plans bond sale
Dubai, March 1, 2012
Kingdom Holding Co, the investment vehicle of Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, will seek shareholders approval to tap debt markets through sale of either conventional or Islamic bonds, the company said in a statement.
The firm, which is 95-percent owned by Prince Alwaleed, has never issued public debt before but will seek approval to do so at a meeting on March 27, the statement to the Saudi stock exchange on Wednesday said.
Kingdom has minority stakes in some of the world's top companies and is one of the largest shareholders in US bank Citigroup.
The fund, which bought a stake in microblogging site Twitter worth $300 million in December, reported a 19.9 percent drop in fourth-quarter profit on January 21, which was attributed to decreased performance by its associated hotels. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds
- World Bank boosts funds for Syria refugees
- Doha Bank sets $1.5bn to fund Emirati SMEs
- Gold gains on China demand
- HSBC to launch insurance products in UAE
- Bahrain to host key Arab exchange talks
- QNB to start India operations
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition