No deal yet on Eurobank Tekfen says Burgan
Kuwait, February 23, 2012
Burgan Bank, which is said to be in talks to buy a 70-percent stake in Turkish group Eurobank Tekfen, said it has not reached any deal for a majority stake purchase.
Sources told Reuters on Wednesday the Kuwait lender had reached a deal for Eurobank Tekfen, a partnership of Greek lender EFG Eurobank and Turkish company Tekfen .
"Burgan Bank denies any ownership of a significant stake in a Turkish bank," the lender said in a statement to the Kuwaiti bourse on Thursday.
The bank also said that it was studying some investment opportunities, in line with its expansion plans, but did not give specific details. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds
- World Bank boosts funds for Syria refugees
- Doha Bank sets $1.5bn to fund Emirati SMEs
- Gold gains on China demand
- HSBC to launch insurance products in UAE
- Bahrain to host key Arab exchange talks
- QNB to start India operations
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker