Ahli United says ready for IBAN
Manama, January 31, 2012
Ahli United Bank (AUB) has announced that it is completely ready for the launch of International Bank Account Number (IBAN) standard in Bahrain.
This move is in line with Central Bank of Bahrain's directives making the use of IBAN a mandatory requirement effective today, for all funds transfer between local banks in Bahrain and to countries where IBAN use has been made compulsory to date.
"We are pleased to report that we now have the necessary infrastructure and processes in place for a full and smooth deployment of the new IBAN system," AUB Deputy chief executive operations and technology Shafqat Anwar said.
"We made adequate preparations to ensure maximum awareness by our valued customers, which included regular mails, SMS messages, and information through flyers and posters at our branches," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds
- World Bank boosts funds for Syria refugees
- Doha Bank sets $1.5bn to fund Emirati SMEs