Ahli United says ready for IBAN
Manama, January 31, 2012
Ahli United Bank (AUB) has announced that it is completely ready for the launch of International Bank Account Number (IBAN) standard in Bahrain.
This move is in line with Central Bank of Bahrain's directives making the use of IBAN a mandatory requirement effective today, for all funds transfer between local banks in Bahrain and to countries where IBAN use has been made compulsory to date.
"We are pleased to report that we now have the necessary infrastructure and processes in place for a full and smooth deployment of the new IBAN system," AUB Deputy chief executive operations and technology Shafqat Anwar said.
"We made adequate preparations to ensure maximum awareness by our valued customers, which included regular mails, SMS messages, and information through flyers and posters at our branches," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units